PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Varmints on Virgin
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2024, 11:40
Cleared Visual

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Gnadenburg
Wow! That’s the uptight Aussie attitude I was talking about.

Letting US service personnel onto the aircraft is actually a gesture from commercial entities. It’s not politically commanded. I prefer this to our corporates entities and sporting institutions telling us how to vote and what to endorse morally. Or drowned in Welcome To Countries when anyone who lived in indigenous communities, knows this is a rubbish narrative.

The plague of citizens from Western countries, obsessed with outlining the wrongs of the United States, whilst completely taking their eye of the ball in their own country is proving universally detrimental. Australia has never been so divided. In such a short period. Albo and his stubbornness on The Voice, what should have been a harmless gesture. Or happy to let anti-Semitism run wild due the political expedience of his rabid left and sectarian vote. And now we have generational divide and envy being promoted. You’re now a mug in this country to be white and a self-funded retiree. But keep piling on the Third World immigration especially from countries where the chance of assimilation minimal.

Fix your own backyard. Dogs in aircraft in the States was a mere positive observation in my experience and most others.
If you actually asked the current and former serving ADF personnel what they thought about this "gesture", you'd find that most didnt feel respected by it at all, rather they found it all a bit tokenistic and cringeworthy. Most Aussies don't like being publically singled out and given special attention for just doing their job, regardless of how important or respected that job is. In the military particularly, they REALLY don't like being singled out for special attention. Much like this dog and cat nonsense, it had PR stunt written all over it.

Irrespective of political leanings, you can't just replace established cultural norms with foreign ones and not expect some pushback or criticism. A great example would be your own comments above re: immigration.
The following users liked this post: