PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RIA Saudi Airlines?
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2024, 00:52
VAMY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mutt
Naw, no bottle neck, the mainline also recruits for the Royal Fleet, but no foreigners are getting near those aircraft.

Consultants can be the bane of employees, they got them to change from a credit time “golden goose” scheme to industry best practices methodologies. Pure block time, no credit, so a 30-40% pay cut for wide body guys.

And now to put the cat amongst the pigeons, PIF are in talks to acquire Saudi Arabian before the end of 2024, with additional talks to merge with Riyadh Air, which considering it doesn’t exist would mean that it won’t exist.
Hi Mutt,

long time, no read. How’s it going for you these days? Sounds like you’re still over there in the Kingdom?

Thanks for the “skinny” on the supposed Saudi Mainline A340’s and so called re-recruit of expat Captains. I’d heard that Saudia had one or two returning expat captains from SRA back onto the mainline B777/B787 fleets. I haven’t been able to substantiate if that rumour is true or not.

As for the A340 recruitment. I suppose, as an outside guess, the A340 recruitment might be for those couple of A340’s MBS might’ve squirrelled away since his “purge on corruption” from a few years ago? Come to think of it. The private B747-400 operated by Kingdom Holdings for HRH Prince al Waleed doesn’t seem to venture out of the Kingdom much these day either?