PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2024, 17:25
DragonsDen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for all your comments and suggestions. Really appreciated. To the ones who sent me PMs, sorry, the admin won't allow me to read those messages unless I have made 3 posting, I will respond to you later.

My ex girlfriend is a singer, but she has a commercial pilot licence, whenever we traveled to the US, she would rent a plane and take me to the sky. It was fun. She knew about the cadet pilot program but she no interest to join because she thinks she would be far better off to be a passenger than an employee. She was making about 120k/month just by teaching singing, I think she's making even more now, much more than me.

For me, the real reason I applied is totally because of a former colleague. He applied the program a while ago and he made it, I was like, a guy who doesn't have the confidence, who can't even speak English well, is going to be a pilot? If he can do it, I can do it as well, so I applied. I even bet with my friend if I did get an offer, he is going to pay me 10k. Looks like he is lossing. hahah

Honestly, the loan and bond is not a problem, the problem is the job. Why would I go through all the hassles and troubles just to sit there and monitor the flight? I don't think I can watch movies, or listen to Music in the cockpit, just like other passengers are doing at the back right? Imagine just sit there, 15 hours from HKG to NYC, and then 15 hours NYC and HKG. This is a torture. Nah. My life is too short. No need to torture myself. Maybe I should do what my ex girlfriend did before. Get the license myself, and fly whenever, where ever I want..