PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 Command (in a year) or EK A380 First Officer.
Old 18th Mar 2024, 07:52
Busdriver_1122

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 5strypes
As someone who has done exactly this, given up 320 command for RHS in EK, it's all a personal decision. At the end of the day, you're flying planes. Is there likely to be a covid situation in the next 3/4 years, hopefully not. You'll realistically have a widebody command there in 4/5 years at this rate. I'd wager that's more valuable than a 320 command.

But, it's a personal decision. I'm getting more money, it's a safer city for me to raise a family and from experience, my lifestyle better suits long haul.

I don't really think you can make a wrong decision here. It's a job. What's going to suit your personal life better? I don't wanna fly planes when I'm 65. And I won't be retiring early paying 50% tax in Europe.

Command is great, but it's not the golden goose. I'll sit in whatever seat they like if they pay me more.
Good Decision Bro.
I understand you were flying the 320 outside ME.
It completely makes sense for you to move as your family gets better benefits and they are safer AND you get paid better as well.

But in my case i am already in the ME. So if you understand all these things dont change for me if I move. Instead staying at my current airline makes me more money than EK in the long run.

Getting a Command in EK in 4-5 years? Please speak to some people there.

Lastly when it comes to Covid (or similar events). LCC’s flying the 320’s. Made good profit and ALL the Pilots who were let go, were called back!

But again as I said. If I was outside ME and got the Ofeer I would definitely come to EK.
Enjoy your time there