PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted-4
Thread: Stansted-4
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2024, 22:52
FRatSTN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 01475
I've never really paid attention to any routes that weren't the one I was interested in; Stansted to Glasgow, which seems to be slowly dying. In fact renewing my easyJet plus seems risky as it's unclear how many flights there might be for me to use it on!

Is this part of any wider trend? Is it a Glasgow domestic thing? A Stansted domestic thing? A domestic thing? An easyJet thing? Or just a Stansted to Glasgow by easyJet thing?
There's numerous factors. Since EZY closed their STN base during 2020, only 4 routes have remained except for a small number of flights to Switzerland that operated this winter.

Of those, STN-GLA is probably the best recovered in terms of capacity at 20x weekly for most of the summer. It does reduce slightly to 17x weekly during peak summer before returning to 20x weekly, no doubt to make may for more lucrative summer sun routes out of GLA.

BFS and EDI routes are still a bit below their 2019 levels but they have Ryanair competition on those.

AMS is still well below pre covid frequency at usually just 2 flights daily, reduced to just 6x weekly over peak summer. It used to be up to 4 daily in 2019. The slot position in AMS with the restrictions on movements imposed by their government is probably not helping there.