PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2024, 22:41
SCFC1EP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rutan16
I think it was due to the sleeping Russian partners and owner of Southwind that scuppered their UK and EU expansion objectives.

Given the confirmation of Juneyao start date in July I don’t expect China Eastern to compete. ( Maybe wrong however the one airline one route rule and the fact that Juneyao are within the same sphere of influence as MU would suggest otherwise)

Luxair has been bootable for months
Alia already started at both MAG prime airports
RAM due to open shortly a somewhat accelerated return from them ( maybe down to temporary suspension of Tel Aviv and availability of a freed up 737 ?)

What MAG needs for 2024/5 now must surely be United and or American.

Within Europe what’s really left LOT and or ITA and the ever reliable Air Baltic ( here today gone tomorrow but back next week) and one or other of the former Yugoslav carriers I suppose.

What I would also like to see a restoration of Larnaca year round.

Anything else is incremental now something along the lines of the third Swiss restored, Lyon year round, Nantes on Orange ( Harp service is rubbish ) and a consistent daily flight on Iberia ( Express)
Totally agree MAN needs to attract eastern european airlines

Never understand how we can not make a EMB.175/195 work with LOT to Warsaw daily
Also we should be able to fill a Tarom flight 2-3 a week to Bucarest, not to mention Air Baltic, however russian air space might play into onward connections