PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prestwick-3
Thread: Prestwick-3
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2024, 18:45
PIKAviationTours

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for posting. A pretty (as expected with The Times) one sided article focusing on the Scottish Government loans (fair comment), Trump (not seen a Trump aircraft in the last couple of years), and the pax ops and terminal which is only a fraction of the overall income. At least they did mention the revenue from military ops and cargo but they fail to mention that the airport has for the fourth year in a row posted an operating profit. OK the loans have not yet been paid back but surely some of any sale will go to paying back at least some of the debt to the Scottish Government. There's no real mention about the impact of the jobs being saved locally or about the associated income to the local economy through income tax, council tax, etc. I would agree that the pax ops are a key concern and with Ryanair being the only scheduled pax operator then the lifespan of the present terminal may be limited albeit with PAM / Ryanair planning another 737 hangar then I would expect pax ops to remain for some time. I still think that the present terminal could be utilised as both a smaller pax terminal and an aerospace museum and given the amazing aeronautical history that Prestwick has a decent museum (with direct rail link) would be an attraction. And yes, I'd be amazed if it became a Westjet hub!