PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Age Discrimination at Emirates
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2024, 10:45
Gordomac

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
Count ; AFDS posted 15 years ago. I too just noticed this thread but not by accident, it just caught my eye as I lurk about on a Sunday morning trying to put off pruning the Palm tree.

I won

der if, in 2009, when he was rejected,Emirates actually stated an age limit. Many didn;t. He would have every right to be miffed if there was no stated limit but he found out later that such a limit clearly existed and he thus wasted his time even applying.

I was similarly rejected by Emirates. There was no stated age limit but the rejection letter then stated that since I exceeded the age limit (not quoted), i could not be considered. I too was hurt, cross, rejected, miffed and took it up with Emirates. Got nowhere.

As many others advised AFDS, l trust he let it go and concentrated on other outlets where there was no stated age limit and maybe, even got in somewhere really nice like SIA DEC.

Goes the other way too. Recent selection criteria for the BA Speedbird "Acadamy" fully funded pilot training programme, i think, is limited to max age on entry, wait ;..............................55........................... !

Lots of skin in the selection game and even helped write the criteria. But we were very clear in the "stated" conditions.

I think palm tree pruning should be limited to 35 years of age and fully fit. Ok, risking it before sun-downers at the Lithos.