PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA Resilience
Thread: EASA Resilience
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2024, 18:43
olster

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts
I would be very interested to know how these seemingly abstract and predominantly academic concepts can be conveyed to the average airline pilot. I must hasten to add that the average airline pilot generally has an intelligent brain that has to hold quite a bit of technical and operational information on a routine basis. I speak as a current instructor active within EBT and after asking crews to define resilience there is unlikely to be consensus. Unfortunately we are human beings, not robots and it appears that this highly theoretical way of thinking is actually a condition that is built into humans naturally; ie we all have a certain amount of resilience in built that increases with experience (not just flying) and exposure to events, simulated or real. I am most certainly not a Luddite and as I am supposed to deliver EBT I have a vested interest in knowing definitions and how to deliver training effectively but I am not sure what we are trying to achieve. Resilience did not save AF447 but an understanding of aerodynamics and stall recovery procedures particularly at high altitude might have.