PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Student Pilot Attempts to Access ASA Flight Deck - 3/3/24
Old 16th Mar 2024, 18:32
Prob30Tempo TSRA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by albatross
The constabulary should be briefed that if this should occur to welcome the nut-bar, bring him a nice cup of tea, suggest better angles, if any, to film from and then walk away. Once the NB realizes he will not get the response he desires for his “5 minutes of fame” video clip he will wander off in his delusional state and return to Mom’s basement.The person has the right to film from the street.”

All I am suggesting is the police, if they need to contact / interface with them at all do it in an open, friendly manner. For example if they are blocking an entrance etc.
They should be briefed as to what they can or cannot ask people. This in order to avoid unecessary confrontation. “Hi, I am Officer Rimshot, I see you are filming the Station, may I assist you in anyway?….No?…Ok enjoy your day.” Turn and. walk away. Job done.

Some people film with the express purpose of enticing the police into a confrontation. Lots of examples on Utube.
Some photographers are even doing this at Fire Stations, City Halls etc. hanging around for hours.

If someone stood on the street for 20-30 minutes filming your house or even your workplace wouldn’t you be tempted to ask them what they are doing and why?
true , they need to not rise to it