PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying while ATPL distance learning?
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2004, 23:58
no sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've recently started the ATPLs distance learning, although I almost have the 150 hrs in the bag. Nevertheless, I had not flown for the past 8 months for financial reasons in the main part due to my original plan of doing a full time course.

Now that I am not doing the full time course, I have money to spend on lights for the house, decorating, new carpets, holidays, sophisticated expresso machines with the chrome bits, and very fast expensive cars (well that's what my wife says anyway - except the last one obviously ).

I study for 2 hrs in the morning (7-9am), and about 2 hrs in the evening (7-10 ish - with a bit for dinner etc), and 5 hrs for each Sat and Sun. I work very close to where I live and have no commuting time whatsoever. (Even so, I find the above difficult in terms of good solid studying.) I just don't think I could squeeze in commuting - my hat off to people who can do that.

However, I decided to start flying again, and am planning on every other Saturday. I went last Saturday and loved it. It brought home to me a couple of things:

1. this is what those long evenings are about
2. You've got to live too (which is why the Porsche is also a good idea)