PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Varmints on Virgin
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2024, 04:24
AerialPerspective

Received 64 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by airdualbleedfault
Possibly the dumbest effing idea I've ever heard, apart from one of the Chinese airlines saying they were going to have people standing so they could cram more in. But hey it is "Virgin on the ridiculous" so I shouldn't be surprised. I like the "if you don't want to be near a pet you'll be able to book a seat away from them" which I read as "you'll be able to book and pay", just another money grab
Yep. Another brain-fart publicity stunt.

Reminds me of when a prior CEO was there, spending billions on lounges, pay-through-the-nose leases and parking aeroplanes, getting rid of the pilots that flew them then realising they needed them and having to pay through the nose for QQ to do all that flying.

Same bloke who put out ridiculous edicts such as never wanting to see a piece of equipment with a QF logo on it attached to a VA aircraft - I know of several instances where a tug broke down, the two ground handlers couldn't help and QF were called and pushed the aircraft out for VA (cheaper than the two ground handlers apparently, alternative being it would still be sitting there if they'd followed the boss' rules). No one saw the logo except the crew when the tug drove away. The same bloke wouldn't hear of Flight Crew sitting in a comfortable seat when paxing across the continent to fly a full A330 back but insisted his ass only sit in 'the Business' which is kind of ironic since he left the company 'in the business', followed by being awarded a number of gravy-train board seats and collecting an AO for 'services to aviation'.

Funny thing about the QF logo thing was that if a VA A330 ever diverted somewhere where VA didn't operate them within Australia, Ops would likely have called Universal who of course, would call Qantas to provide GSE.

The same person oversaw a situation where ANYONE who walked in the door with even a shred of REAL knowledge about aviation and running an airline was quickly shown the door, the moment they disagreed with any of the stupid decisions, obviously made by someone having spent a career selling tickets and no time working in an actual airline operation.
The following 2 users liked this post by AerialPerspective: