PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LATAM upset SYD-AKL Mon 11 Mar
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2024, 03:12
MaybeItIs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Icarus2001
MaybeItIs, You are not a pilot are you? Have a look at the video above.

Most jet aircraft have some sideways movement of the seat, otherwise, no there is no room to get in.

Wrong.
Nice, Icarus2001. Nothing like a blunt answer. You mean, of course, passenger jets. Bet there's no sideways movement in a Stealth Fighter seat.

Yeah, I looked at (maybe) "that" video before I commented - Hence my comments about the "kinky" seat track.

Which (video), of course, substantiates exactly what I said. The seat moves sideways. Well, it couldn't move sideways if there was no space for it to move into. Which is exactly the point I was making. There is room on the outboard side on the seat, just as much as on the inboard side once the seat has moved over. So I suggest the sideways trick is redundant and unnecessary - unless of course, the problem is a lack of headroom outboard. Which may well be the case. I'm sure you'll inform me on that. Despite the fact that a tipping or pivoting seat back would probably be just as effective and a lot simpler and safer. That whole pilot seat looks weak and flimsy to me. Just like the switch and its cover. Can't see what attaches it to those rails, but I bet the passenger seats are much stronger - probably because, by regulation, they have to be. But which seats are the most important in the entire plane? Not the toilet seats, I guess.

And, thanks to Sailvi767, it would appear that there were / would have been alerts on AF447, but they were drowned out by all the multitudes of other alerts, which again goes to show that Airbuses may not really be any better than Boeings. Obviously, the alerts are not prioritised, just all rammed at the bewildered pilots at random. And that A330 crashed into the sea in a recoverable stall. At least the 787 recovered its own temporary control problem and landed safely, though it's apples and oranges. But what do I know, right Ic?