PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Varmints on Virgin
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2024, 18:22
AerialPerspective

Received 64 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Gnadenburg
Wow! That’s the uptight Aussie attitude I was talking about.

Letting US service personnel onto the aircraft is actually a gesture from commercial entities. It’s not politically commanded. I prefer this to our corporates entities and sporting institutions telling us how to vote and what to endorse morally. Or drowned in Welcome To Countries when anyone who lived in indigenous communities, knows this is a rubbish narrative.

The plague of citizens from Western countries, obsessed with outlining the wrongs of the United States, whilst completely taking their eye of the ball in their own country is proving universally detrimental. Australia has never been so divided. In such a short period. Albo and his stubbornness on The Voice, what should have been a harmless gesture. Or happy to let anti-Semitism run wild due the political expedience of his rabid left and sectarian vote. And now we have generational divide and envy being promoted. You’re now a mug in this country to be white and a self-funded retiree. But keep piling on the Third World immigration especially from countries where the chance of assimilation minimal.

Fix your own backyard. Dogs in aircraft in the States was a mere positive observation in my experience and most others.
Talk about uptight. So, you just want to go back to good old Aussie history where aborigines were shot when they walked onto a farmer's land, their kids were removed so they could be brought up in 'Christian' families, while the 'Christian' hierarchy of most churches, long before the US' "No child left behind" policy, were implementing their own "no child behind left" practice and studiously hiding all the perpetrators from justice.

As for the rest of your diatribe, if you think it's so great, why don't you go and live in the United States, send your kids to a US primary school if you have them and roll the dice on whether some moron with a gun fetish decides to take out his inability to 'get any' by shooting children and teachers.

Despite the faults we have, like many countries, this is by far a better society than the United States in just about every measure, even putting aside the basics like infant mortality rate, average life expectancy, etc. Kids can go to school here without fear of the now weekly mass-shootings that occur in the United States, people don't have to sell their house if they need cancer treatment and while some of the 'welcome to country' stuff might annoy you and the voice campaign (I note no mention of the out and out bloody bare-faced lies that were told by the other side, the home of Robodebt, I don't hold a hose, bugging a friendly country's government building under the auspices of an aid project then persecuting the whistle-blower and his lawyer - while the minister and department head enjoy high paid consultancy roles with the private company that stood to gain from the espionage), it's all obviously one-side's fault because they made a commitment and tried to see it through. Weird because people usually accuse politicians of not doing what they say.

And I don't particularly care whether you think it's 'uptight' or not, the fact is everyone knows the US treat their veterans worse than just about any other western country. Even going back to the Civil War where veterans had to queue for days to apply for and get artificial limbs while an official waded through war records bound with 'red tape', hence the phrase). Last time I was in San Francisco, even in the 1990s, the number of veterans begging on the streets was beyond belief. Now even normal families are living under bridges and on the streets, in lean to tents.

And I haven't even got to an electoral system that relentlessly attempts to disenfranchise anyone they don't want to vote, by imposing ridiculous and onerous 'ID laws' and pulling stunts like having ONE early voting centre in a poor area and half a dozen in a rich area.

You're really going too make the argument that's uptight?

I used to admire the United States and many aspects of their history. Now they are a Jesus-obsessed, uneducated, insane asylum that thinks doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is perfectly normal. For goodness sake, so-called 'leaders' of the community insisting the Earth is 6000 years old. Give me a break - these idiots actually get elected, because of the above-mentioned suppression and a good dose of gerrymandering (a term invented and a concept invented in the United States).

Happy to look at all the international empirical evidence that points to just how far down the democracy rankings the United States now sit. No thanks, I'll keep my Medicare and Superannuation and lifestyle and lack of fear of losing my house if I'm unlucky enough to get really sick and put up with the 'Welcome to Country', whether it's vacuous or not.

I find it hilarious that you criticise company's here for attaching themselves to social causes yet you seem completely blind to the fact that air carriers, for example, in the United States don't invite veterans to board first because they get warm and fuzzy, they do it because it looks nice and more people might fly with them, so, it's just about money really, like everything else, which is exactly why companies in Australia put rainbows out and paint them on their aeroplanes or display such on their website(s), because of the so-called 'pink dollar'. It's all just about making money, everywhere.
The following users liked this post: