PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Teesside-2
Thread: Teesside-2
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2024, 14:40
P330

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Grumpy1
P330 again perhaps makes a valid observation. In the same way, constantly trying to talk up pretty crap statistics becomes tedious such as introducing the limited Nissan freight to pretend that the freight centre is performing.
Shall we all accept that this year is going to be another stagnant/disapointing one in terms of performance and if the opinion polls are correct we may soon have a new mayor (although I doubt it myself) with probably a new government so the goal posts may well and truly move soon.
Could soon be a case of better the devil you know.......
Agree completely. I think this year, as it stands, is probably not going to be too exciting. Though that can change, positive or negative.

And you’re right about the mayor, and if we replicate his behaviour, just constantly calling out negatives, or falsehoods, then I think we lose the morale ground to call him out for doing exactly the same using positive language.

As for what happens if the mayor changes, we will just have to wait and see. Like him or not, he fights for the airport and a replacement mayor may tick all of our balance and ethics boxes, but could choose not to support the airport. Like you say, better the devil you know (maybe). 😉