PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK airline ready for 70/80k can it be done?
Old 15th Mar 2024, 14:29
WindyTurtle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
go onto wingsalliance.eu and become a free member. they provide good info on UK modular training. importantly, they have a 2023 price list that you can refer to. rudestuff knows it well, but it goes something like PPL, ATPL, night rating, IRR, SECBIR, MEP, MEIR conversion, CPL, APS MCC, UPRT, and any required hour building in between. this is also the modular route suggested by Bristol Ground School. Wings Alliance estimates >£56000 excluding medical, skill test and license fees; rudestuff says roughly £45000 in total; and I've done a sum of all the training, equipment and test fees for a couple of reputable UK/EASA schools and ATOs in the UK, and it comes up to about £57000. so a safe number should be £60000, excluding travel from your home to the airfield.

your budget is plenty for dual-license. regarding the first job, i cant really help there, however it's generally good advice to always have some kind of fall-back plan. if you already have a career with some experience, then thats great!

definitely go to Pilot Careers Live in Manchester or London. a lot of it is the integrated schools selling themselves to you, but i found it useful to find out more about the different pathways, schools to potentially do your modular training at (i.e. Stapleford), learn about the job itself, talk to airlines etc etc

Last edited by WindyTurtle; 15th Mar 2024 at 14:39.