PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hill Helicopters HX50
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2024, 11:45
206 jock

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by VM325
At least Hill has events every few weeks to explain what he's doing and you can see where the money's going.
If this was a scam, why bother?
Has Elio invited cameras into his premises every month?
Personally, I don't think it is a scam: Jason Hill went into this believing that it's acheivable.

I reckon I'm a passably good businessman but haven't the first idea about engineering: if I wanted to get into an engineering project, I would find the right people to surround myself with. But JH seems to think the marketing and money side is simple: keep the order book open, gather thousands of deposits and use that money to design and engineer an all-new helicopter. It's probably about now that it's starting to become clear to him that the first 50% (making some mock ups and getting some lovely machinery in place) is easy, but the final 50% is really, really difficult.

And soon initial depositors will start to become restless. Delivery has shifted back three years already and honestly, there's no sign of the machine flying or the fantasy build volume being acheived.

(It probably doesn't help that if you do a Google search for Hill HX 50, this thread appears on page 1!)
The following 2 users liked this post by 206 jock: