PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LATAM upset SYD-AKL Mon 11 Mar
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2024, 09:54
Reely340

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Needle Knocker
I'm also curious - given the wording "it is understood the seat movement at cruise altitude on the flight was “pilot induced, not intentionally.”" - could this be a "seat runaway" where, for example, one of the pilots returns to their seat after a restroom break (I believe this was just prior to ToD, so perhaps a good time?) - commands the seat to move forward again ("pilot induced") side switch sticks and keeps going and going and going? (thus "not intentionally").
Or - as the a/c was a Boeing - the CoPilot wanted to adjuist his seat, activated his switch and the other seatr started moving.

Boeing has a long history of messed up cabling, swapping right with left :

Back in the days of me attending university in the 90ies there was a joke about a priest at his final visit to a death row imate carring good and bad news: bad was that the convict's appeal was denied, good was that Boeing did the cabeling on the electric chair.
(background given was a then recent incident, where extinguishing an actual fire in one engnie actually soaked the remaining good engine due to mis-cabling)
I was truly amazed at reading this from 2013 : https://www.flyingmag.com/aircraft-j...oeing-787-woe/

Somehow they don't learn and do not fix their quality checks.

Last edited by Reely340; 15th Mar 2024 at 11:10.