PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Does a company pilot require an AOC?
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2024, 04:20
mostlytossas

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Some of you blokes get all fluffed up over nothing. AOC's CPL'S Insurance issues etc. All you need do is this. Get the business to employ you in some capacity. Can be an assistant, cleaner, sales rep whatever. Can be part time or casual as long as your on the books paying tax and superannuation. Then when they want you to take a staff member somewhere by plane you hire one from your local flight school ,club etc and go private/business. Perfectly legal as long as your not being paid to fly the aircraft. No different from driving your car to the job.
The only wages you get are your normal wages that you get on the job for whatever task that may be. When you get back you present the boss with your travel expenses , meals, accommodation, travel, etc and get it reimbursed. Happens every week in Australia. How do you reckon LAME workshops manage in the bush. Someone with a license has to fly out to a bush strip and fix or service some cocky's aircraft. Many bush LAME's have a PPL for that very reason. I myself have done similar. On a number of occasions I would have to attend meetings in Sydney which meant either two days away or a round trip by private aircraft. It was a no brainer which was more efficient. Another time I and 2 others had to do an audit at some schools out bush. We did it in 5 days instead of 3 weeks by car. all perfectly legal and yes we checked with CASA before we did it. They don't care how you travel there so long as your not charging for the flight. No different to charging your car out as a registered taxi when your not. This 200 hr bloke is unemployable as a pilot so may as well be employed working doing something else and getting free hours while building experience. The only issue is the employer may have to get extra insurance to cover employees flying in private aircraft for work comp but that is another issue.