PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Varmints on Virgin
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2024, 03:16
Gnadenburg

Received 92 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by AerialPerspective
The US "thank you for your service" is singularly and meaninglessly indicative of everything that is wrong with the United States. "Thank you for your service and enjoy your night's rest on a park bench when your flight ends" is what they'd say if they were truthful, which is where many of the veterans of the US' multiple, disastrous wars end up. Used as canon fodder then discarded. It's as vacuous as "Have a nice day".

Virgin tried it a few years ago and it got the response it deserved. Now, making sure veterans are well cared for, supported and don't end up committing suicide because of a total lack of support and attention from the bloody politicians who sent them away and not persecuting those who dob in others for war crimes might be a good start and something actually meaningful.

As for the pets, must we really follow the 'lead' of this dysfunctional nation of largely uneducated, something like 60% of whom think Noah's Ark is real and a sizeable number, including some in Congress, think the Earth is only 6000 years old? Travel is expensive enough and as annoying enough to not have the added pleasure of smelling pal-farts in the cabin and/or replicating the veritable zoo that is the United States, which is really the only developed country that I can think of who allow this. They also allow mentally disturbed people to purchase assault rifles, should we copy that too?
Wow! That’s the uptight Aussie attitude I was talking about.

Letting US service personnel onto the aircraft is actually a gesture from commercial entities. It’s not politically commanded. I prefer this to our corporates entities and sporting institutions telling us how to vote and what to endorse morally. Or drowned in Welcome To Countries when anyone who lived in indigenous communities, knows this is a rubbish narrative.

The plague of citizens from Western countries, obsessed with outlining the wrongs of the United States, whilst completely taking their eye of the ball in their own country is proving universally detrimental. Australia has never been so divided. In such a short period. Albo and his stubbornness on The Voice, what should have been a harmless gesture. Or happy to let anti-Semitism run wild due the political expedience of his rabid left and sectarian vote. And now we have generational divide and envy being promoted. You’re now a mug in this country to be white and a self-funded retiree. But keep piling on the Third World immigration especially from countries where the chance of assimilation minimal.

Fix your own backyard. Dogs in aircraft in the States was a mere positive observation in my experience and most others.

Last edited by Gnadenburg; 15th Mar 2024 at 03:48.
The following 2 users liked this post by Gnadenburg: