PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Odds n Sods
Thread: Odds n Sods
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2024, 21:39
Xray4277

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by PAXboy
Nice one Asturias56. My best was a backpack that I used for work in my days in telecomms. I decided to use it for a long weekend around 2006. At LTN, I was pulled smartly and asked if there was anything dangerous in it?

The X-ray found a pair of small wire side-cutters that had got between the lining and I thought were lost. They were not happy that I was so pleased and thanked them for finding them! They wanted to confiscate but I went back out, bought a padded envelope and posted them home. Good side-cutters are expensive.
First ever time I flew was back in the early 80s, BA from MAN to ABZ with a colleague. When they x-rayed his carry-on bag they found a very bent and battered kitchen knife...explanation (true) - he'd had it in his bag for a court appearance in his ongoing and messy divorce, apparently his soon-to-be ex had tried to attack him with said knife but only succeeded in stabbing the wall. Needless to say the security guys told him they'd have to confiscate the knife, to which his cheerful reply was 'no problem, I don't need it any longer'. I imagine they laughed their socks off later and added the knife to their 'black museum'