PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 Command (in a year) or EK A380 First Officer.
Old 14th Mar 2024, 16:16
seventhreedriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just ask yourself a few questions:

-Why would you like to join EK? The hat/type/layovers? Of course, you would never believe it unless you tried it (been there, done that), but all the novelties will wear off after 6 months... All that is left is: days off (rest - takes a few days after a log trip to be yourself again) and pay. The older you get, the more pay you would sacrifice for time off...
-Why would you like to leave your current company? Is there any genuine grievance of the grass just seem to be greener on the other side.

Type: 320 - even if the world turns upside down: jobs for DECs will be available. 380 - sorry to be insensitive, but it seems to be the most useless type rating, especially as an FO...

You are a bit lucky having never operated as a captain. Once in the left seat: you are responsible for the flight deck environment. Think about the bad commanders you had to operate in the last couple years. With EK, you might have to endure this for the coming years...

Short term pain/gain vs long term gain/pain. LCC CPT payment on the short term is better vs EK benefits on the long term might be better... EK bonuses: nice addition if you are lucky.

ID tickets: get burned once, you will get full fare tickets... (I tried to use it once: costed me 300USD more than the confirmed ticket would have costed me as I had to buy a last minute ticket due to the flight filled with empty seats x 10 ID ticket holders...)

On the other hand, if you have no children: it is the best time to try new things.

Did not make decisions easier, did I... :-)