PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Student Pilot Attempts to Access ASA Flight Deck - 3/3/24
Old 14th Mar 2024, 15:44
Peter Fanelli

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
There seems to be a growing thing in the US these days where individuals take it upon themselves to create a situation in order to
"test" the response. They often call them audits. There have been "Second Amendment Audits" where a group of wankers will go into a place such as a park
carrying rifles and wearing armor knowing that someone will call the police and they will likely show up en masse to challenge these people, the very result these people
are looking for hoping that someone on the law enforcement side will slip up and then they can post the video on YouTube.
Yesterday I watched a video where a person who was taking photographs of traffic entering and leaving a military base. Sure enough the base security showed up and challenged
him but couldn't do much because they were a private security firm. Local police were called and took over the matter. I checked this guys facebook page and it was full
of stuff about First Amendment Audits.
Seems like the guy on the flight mentioned here was doing the same kind of thing, testing to see how far he could go. Or maybe he just wanted to identify the Federal Air Marshall
for the benefit of the other members of his group. Either way it's a pretty dumb thing to do.
Once again this probably wouldn't be an issue if it wasn't for social media providing a place for these idiots to portray themselves as wannabe heroes. YouTube is full of them.
Don't get me wrong, I don't hate YouTube. Want to know how to fix something on your car? You'll probably find a video about it on YouTube. But there is a dark side, Trevor Jacob is a good example.

Last edited by Peter Fanelli; 14th Mar 2024 at 15:45. Reason: Typo