PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2024, 08:53
ksl.23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cadd
Hello guys, I am now 21 year-old and I am planning to apply for the cadet program of Cathay Pacific next year. However, I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism after experiencing 'thyrotoxic periodic paralysis'. Fortunately, after a month of medication, the condition has already been under control and the thyroid activity has returned to normal level.

I am deeply concerned that such medical history will affect my application of the program. Although controlled hyperthyroidism isn't a disqualifying condition for Medical Class One according to ICAO, I have heard from some aviation influencers working for Cathay that candidates with certain medical history will still be disqualified despite the acquisition of Medical Class One. Does anyone know what kind of medical history is unacceptable to Cathay? Thank you so much.
The best suggestion I can give you is to go for a HKCAD Class 1 medical. I agree, it is very expensive, but at least you will know about whether your medical condition will still make you eligible for this role. I wish you will be eligible. But if unfortunately not, then still you will know about it before-hand, and save lots of time that you would be spending for the preparation. I wish you speedy and full recovery of your medical condition.