PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to Eliminate Spyware, Adware, and Random Popups
Old 28th Jan 2004, 21:46
PPRuNe Towers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IFTB,

The point is safe, usable software and operating systems.

The point is making this stuff digestable for ordinary users.

The point was first made gently by Richard.

Show the initial, so called worthwhile part of this thread to the member of your household who doesn't fix things but actually uses a computer. Review this thread and so many others through their eyes.

The help being offered is daunting and thus useless to the vast majority of computer users. Comparisons to other way's of achieving a safe and useable computer at home are entirely valid.

Finally, it was pointed out clearly that the thread can be edited to provide a useful addition to FAQ's. This forum will not, I repeat, not turn into a techie paradise frightening away those who need actually help and ends up only encouraging and nurturing hobbiests, anoraks and IT people.

While we truly appreciate your help you will have to accept the criticisms and opprobrium of the linux, unix and Mac community. Your system of choice is responsible for all the viral attacks around the world and their propagation. Your system of choice is also responsible for problems on this forum running at over a thousand to one - wintel versus all other systems. Not even Bill Gates will suggest this resembles the reality of market share.

I trust I make myself clear. A glance back through this thread will indicate I still work on a daily basis with wintel and deal with the problems it brings both here at the Towers and professionally. As with the rest of PPRuNe if there is a better way of achieving something it will be pointed out.

Regards
rob

Last edited by PPRuNe Towers; 28th Jan 2004 at 22:13.