PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Veteran's Cards
Thread: Veteran's Cards
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2024, 00:40
ShyTorque

Avoid imitations

Location: Wandering the FIR and cyberspace often at highly unsociable times
Received 445 Likes on 236 Posts
Glorious Devon is obviously better served than elsewhere. Our local health services are overwhelmed. They keep building multiple housing estates here but there are no more medical or dental facilities being made available. We have family members who cannot register with a dentist.

It has proven to be next to impossible of late to get a phone call to our GPs surgery answered. You get to listen to a message telling you to book an appointment online….despite having tried and failed to do so first.

I was recently sent a letter from them saying I needed to provide a urine sample for aftercare monitoring. No sample bottle was included. I had to make a special journey to the surgery to collect one, only to be told it had to be taken first thing in the morning, rather than there and then. So I had to make a second journey the following day to deliver it. I then subsequently received a second letter telling me they also needed a blood sample. I had to make a third journey.

The only practical way of seeing a GP now is to call 111 or 999 and I have no idea who my GP actually now is.

Last edited by ShyTorque; 14th Mar 2024 at 00:53.