PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Teen Weeny Airways
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2024, 20:37
Thud_and_Blunder

Received 89 Likes on 35 Posts
SLXO has provided definitive proof, Shy - I also remember it from the late 70s . Fond memories of the time the RAF and AAC shared a Flight Safety organisation from SLXO's post too - I remember looking out for the annual 3CBAS crash-mag in the crewroom reading-list.

I grew very tired of the inter-service nastiness practised in the main by my own lot; I can remember being on the staff of the Chinook OCU going into the Station Brief on the first Monday of a new course that happened to have 2 x AAC exchange officers. The station-master and one of his squadron bosses decided to have a public discussion about the forthcoming JHC, where a typical comment by the latter concerning future leadership of the Command by officers from other services was "...and we all know the AAC are sh*t". I asked my 2 new students if they'd like me to walk out of the briefing with them, but they decided discretion on day one was the better part of valour. Having thoroughly enjoyed my own exchange tour (actually a loan tour... long story) I knew that some of the best aircrew I ever had the pleasure to serve alongside included officers and NCOs of the AAC - same went for the groundcrew and the REMEs on the independent Sqn where I spent most of my tour.
The following 5 users liked this post by Thud_and_Blunder: