PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Meydan South Villas (District 11)
Old 13th Mar 2024, 20:25
JeanKhul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Living on top of each other can - not always - bring some disagreements. There used to be a time when DSO (Dubai Silicon Oasis) nickname was Dubai Swap Oasis.
To be clear, exchanging partners after evening parties (never heard of the bowl where keys had to be dropped when entering the location ?) Some nationalities were more prone to that than others.
Family and I used to live in a distinct compound, with virtually no company neighbours - we had our own network of friends through the Consulate (where I had a little job) related associations and friends of friends. Within 13 years, number of parties with other pilots can be counted on a single hand. I remember one evening at the Belgian outfit, sharing a drink with two other captains, and past midnight, one of them gave a quick phone call: "OK, fine, the plane took off" - and then he left. Need more ? what a miserable fellow.
So many, many stories - countless couples went separated, there even was a couple of suicides in that labor camp of MS. So much for the drawbacks on living on top of each other. When visiting this place, my govenrment said "no way" - entering through the kitchen, tiny bedrooms upstairs, micro-garden, hearing distances of all the neighbours (uh - they have family visiting?) and meeting them around every time walking out, with the compulsory greeting: "how is your roster ?"... An overcrowded swimming pool looking as "a capsized liner " according to CP 777. Another British colleague talking about a specific swimming pool : " they wash elephants inside"... My advice : dedicate as much time as possible to find the place to be, even if it does cost you a little bit of extra money, it's definitely worth it. And the rest of Dubai is great.