PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2024, 16:28
henderson0117

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DragonsDen
Hi guys and gals, I need a piece of advice. I have recently done my final and it went really well, much easier than my previous interviews with iBanks. Now I'm waiting to be contacted with regards to the medical test, BUT, there is an issue. As I am reading stacks of older posts, I realized there are so much I’ve missed out, particularly regarding the job, the current work environment at CX, promotion and salary.

I am a 26 years old guy running an E-commerce business, which generates an income about 60k/month, I am also a yoga teacher, I teach yoga on the side, which also generates a healthy income as well, together, I am making about 100k/month.

The problem is, if I did sign up on this cadet pilot program, I will have to give up my two other jobs, going away for a year with no income, then coming back to HK only to work as what you guys/gals call cruise relief pilot, or, "babysitter" as some of you might call them, then getting paid with 33k a month, does it worth it?

So many of my friends in the banking and financial sector told me NO. They think I could use the money to invest on a second citizenship, or invest on the property market, and fly as a hobby. They think I would be so stupid enough to even think about joining CX. But I still want to get some advices from the pilot community. So any advice/insight would be much much appreciated.

Feel free to PM me as well. Thx!
We have similar background. I'm working as a fitness trainer + IT side jobs and looking for joining the cadet program as well. PM me and leave your contact. We can discuss about it!

Last edited by henderson0117; 14th Mar 2024 at 00:56. Reason: privacy