PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Destinations north of Florida
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2004, 21:04
PhilD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Destinations north of Florida

I have been sent to Florida next week at my company's expense, so I decided to capitalise on my good fortune and have hired a plane from the Tampa area for the weekend of 7/8 Feb. Now all I need to do is think of somewhere to fly to!

I have done a little flying in the south of Florida (down to Key West), and this time I like the idea of going north, towards the panhandle and beyond, but unlike the well-documented attractions of Florida airports I don't know of any destinations in the neighbouring states to the north, so I'm looking for help from anyone who knows those parts, or has been flying around there and knows some interesting places to visit (either airfields or nearby attractions). Alternatively any relevant website links would be welcome.

I could either do 2 day trips and return to Tampa in between, or do a longer trip and stay away.

All suggestions welcome

PS I'm all up-to-date with licences, BFRs etc etc.

PPS I tried to search this forum for advice, as I'm sure that this must have been asked before, but it looks like the search functionality has been turned off.