PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LATAM upset SYD-AKL Mon 11 Mar
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2024, 07:16
Roo

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by physicus
System redundancy at Airbus at least means that: redundancy. Different systems. At Boeing, it's misinterpreted to mean "more of the same".

.... You might get a hint of why that matters right about when all three GCUs fail at the same time in a 787 because of a coding error.
The 787 has six Generators not three, but hey, you know what you are talking about !

I'm also noting that Boeing did another booboo with their integrated IRSs in the 787 that can no longer operate independently of GNSS. That's (really) bad news when you're being spoofed.
I am noting that you have NFI. 787 GPS NAV can be & is set to off in areas of known spoofing. It then operates independently of GNSS (IRS with radio updates), but whatever you reckon.

When I flew Airbii, I recall the 330 had a wonderful feature that disabled its flaps once retracted inflight, if a monthly inspection had been overlooked. Requiring a flapless landing. Was that because it was programmed for redundancy in different languages by different teams?

Back on topic, it will be interesting to see what caused this event.
The following 2 users liked this post by Roo: