PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RIA Saudi Airlines?
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2024, 15:12
Captain Spam Can

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VAMY
Actually, I worked most of my aviation carrier flying the flag for the UK until retiring at 55 years.

I lived in France/Switzerland & commuted to the UK from Geneva for over 25 years utilising a VERY tax efficient strategy via the various DTA’s.

Many probably don’t know it but the BA long haul fleet are probably the best paid pilots in the whole of Europe, by a LONG margin, due the possibilities of beneficial DTA utilisation.

I then went to Saudi for 10 years flying on their B747-400 & B747-8 fleet. Back then there were literally only a handful of Western flight crew on Saudi’s B744 & B748 fleet.

Most Western expats, because they weren’t in the know thought, the we’re getting a good deal at Emirates, Etihad & Qatar when Saudi was in fact the “golden goose” & always was
Sounds alike you enjoyed some great golden years at both ends of the flying time line. I feel the UK flying is fantastic and the companies are good but that little blue book can earn more money and be put out to better use outside the ‘comfort zone’.

What’s the latest with Saudi Airlines do they still pay big money and hire expats and where do you consider the latest golden goose is in the industry?