PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Varmints on Virgin
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2024, 13:19
AerialPerspective

Received 64 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Gnadenburg
Spending a lot of time in US airports I thinks it’s kind of neat. There aren’t dogs everywhere and they are well behaved. I’m sure if you had a mongrel you wouldn’t embarrass yourself and take it on a flight. Unlike the Bogans with their kids. And of course, you wouldn't expect it to not be a big issue in Australia with evacuation scenarios created by an Oztronaut mindset-what about half the population being so obese they won’t get out an exit in at timely fashion anyways.

I also like the way serving and retired US personnel get a priority boarding and are acknowledged. Wouldn’t expect that gesture to get much traction in Australia either.
The US "thank you for your service" is singularly and meaninglessly indicative of everything that is wrong with the United States. "Thank you for your service and enjoy your night's rest on a park bench when your flight ends" is what they'd say if they were truthful, which is where many of the veterans of the US' multiple, disastrous wars end up. Used as canon fodder then discarded. It's as vacuous as "Have a nice day".

Virgin tried it a few years ago and it got the response it deserved. Now, making sure veterans are well cared for, supported and don't end up committing suicide because of a total lack of support and attention from the bloody politicians who sent them away and not persecuting those who dob in others for war crimes might be a good start and something actually meaningful.

As for the pets, must we really follow the 'lead' of this dysfunctional nation of largely uneducated, something like 60% of whom think Noah's Ark is real and a sizeable number, including some in Congress, think the Earth is only 6000 years old? Travel is expensive enough and as annoying enough to not have the added pleasure of smelling pal-farts in the cabin and/or replicating the veritable zoo that is the United States, which is really the only developed country that I can think of who allow this. They also allow mentally disturbed people to purchase assault rifles, should we copy that too?
The following 2 users liked this post by AerialPerspective: