PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seeking Guidance on Color Vision Deficiency for Aspiring Pilot in Hong Kong Hello fe
Old 12th Mar 2024, 11:25
Gf0rce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Capn Bug Smasher
I would continue in the Cathay pipeline, but I would find a way to pass a Class One earlier if you can. That way you will know if you can be a pilot or not sooner rather than later, and prevent your wasting time that you could have invested into another trajectory if you find yourself failing the medical six months or a year into the recruitment process.
Hi Capn Bug Smasher,

Thank you for the reply, that’s what most pilots suggest me to do. I’m already in the middle of applying for a class one to find out if I can be a pilot or not.

Unfortunately, failing those colour vision tests means that maybe only bearbear8888 or other colour deficient pilots know what else I can do to confirm my eligibility.

Also, as I’m not a cadet of cathay yet, I have no way of getting in touch with their in-house aeromedical staff.

are you a pilot with colour deficiency? Do you know of anyone who might be able to help?

Thank you very much.

best regards,
Gf0rce