PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LATAM upset SYD-AKL Mon 11 Mar
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2024, 09:20
das Uber Soldat

Received 127 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Lookleft
That has to do with software, my statement was about manufacturing and quality control. At least Airbus gave flight crew a heads up with that OEB, Boeing gave Max pilots a single point of failure design in the flight controls.
Airbus gave flight crew a heads up about erroneous sensor inputs causing uncommanded nose down inputs before QF72? News to me.

I'm no fan of Boeing. The 787 is a piece of garbage. The single point of failure behind the MAX accidents is abhorent design philosphy. No argument from me there. I just dont get why Airbus seems to get a freep ass when the only reason that 330 didn't spear into the ground precisely as the Max did was luck. At least the Max pilots had a memory item specifically designed to address the trim runaway in the 737. No such procedure in the 330 back in 2008, unless I"m mistaken?

Anyway, let the Boeing bashing continue. Any manufacturer that makes me sit there and twist the heading bug whilst in managed lateral navigation for 10 hours at a time deserves all the criticism it gets.
The following 3 users liked this post by das Uber Soldat: