PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RIA Saudi Airlines?
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2024, 17:55
VAMY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FlightDetent
VAMY Thank you. The little gem where Iqama makes you a resident of the opposing party (state) escaped my ken, in full. That inverts the vector at (3); my brain could not see what it read and insisted on a "citizen" interpretation thereof.

Appreciate your time and sharing.
It’s my pleasure. Happy to be of assistance. It’s a possibility that I might be offering my services on foreign bases for crew that optimise commuting & tax efficient taxation avoidance. This will be an attractive option to many potential flight crew because it’ll effectively boost take home pay dramatically whilst allowing the crew member to legitimate to live in nis home country. That will have the knock on effect of making the job of working for RIA, based in Riyadh, highly designed to potential flight crew recruits.

Effectively that would equate to a monthly take home pay of circa USD $20K-25K each month. With Saudia having 13 pay months per year then that translates into a very attractive proposition and substantial salary..

It’s my considered opinion that if RIA embraced that doctrine, then they’d be killed in the rush with flight crew wanting to be recruited.

BTW, they already established the precedent of foreign bases for crew back in the late 70’s & early 80’s, so they’re already familiar with and have experience with the concept.

ATB & TTFN.

Last edited by VAMY; 11th Mar 2024 at 23:51. Reason: RIA, foreign Crew Bases & Taxation.