PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwich
Thread: Norwich
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2024, 10:28
jmdavies86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ara01jbb
FR probaby don't mind an ADF like Norwich's, because it has to be paid by the passenger before being allowed through security. Doesn't have to get bundled into the fare FR advertise online.
I don't think that's true - they're renowned for withdrawing from airports that have ADFs in place.

Originally Posted by Markushillman
From what I have been told the deal was so good that it made the ADF irrelevant for Ryanair. Or in other words Norwich said have whatever you want, in which Ryanair duly did. (Some of the money earnt from the ADF was used for the Ryanair deal) Plus Ryanair have also developed a very good relationship with NWI's owner the Regional and City Airports group/Rigby Group which also owns Bournemouth and Exeter which Ryanair has a presence, especially Bournemouth that's a base.
Yes, I understand that they have a good relationship with RCA, however both Bournemouth and Exeter have scrapped their ADFs. So, as you say, the deal must have been so good that Ryanair doesn't consider it to be an issue, however it could well be a factor at the time when the agreement comes up for renewal.