PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RIA Saudi Airlines?
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2024, 18:04
Truetoga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Captain Spam Can
Any rumours about the narrow body order that should have been announced last year?

I can only imagine it’s because of one of 2 reason, the first which I doubt, it’s all gone pear shaped and the start up is failing which I can’t see as the Arabs would want to save face or

2. They want Airbus A320’s but the waiting time for those will be 10 plus years as every man and his dog has orders in so they are trying to twist Airbus’s arms with money to jump the cue but it isn’t working, as if they wanted 737’s which have been falling out of the sky and doors popping off they could have had as many as they wanted like a piece of roll-a-gold off the man on the Spanish beach resort.
No news. RIA are owned by the Saudi fund that also owns Saudia and most of the other Saudi airlines. Boeing anyway are also looking at delays on all fleets espec the 737 (look at ryanair and American). With a backlog like that, with more problems on the daily, its too much of an uncertainty. They have a 2030 deadline to reach 100 countries…