PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPLS and the benefits of where you get them
Old 28th Jan 2004, 18:29
Send Clowns

Jet Blast Rat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saitek

I know 4 modular schools in one airport that has a lot more than 2 possible routes (I think 8 are reasonable, although only 6 common). They encompass pretty much all possible variety of NDB hold and approach at the distant airfield (with/without DME, NDB off airfield etc), and different aspects of joining the airway, with a couple of specific problems (like one route so short the entire test profile can be packed into 1.1 hours airborne, very busy indeed). I think from flying at that airfield (which I did) I could have coped with any test route. Yet taking just the two schools for whom I know the rough pass rate and with whom I have no connection, I can say that their first-time pass rates are up with Oxford's claimed pass rate for integrated students. None of the students in either of these are sponsored, neither has selection by aptitude test. If you compare with the best guess of OATS overall pass rate (from the estimates of people I know who went there for part of the training and know a lot of people, adjusted upward due to exspected exaggeration. They don't boast about this pass rate) they are higher.