PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific leaders taken us to the bottom in a vertical dive!
Old 10th Mar 2024, 10:12
CessNah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for your kind words everyone, I appreciate it and I wish you all the best! Also huge kudos to Bekol and Sleepy Joe, I've contacted Swiftrelo and they responded immediately with a much better price than Pickfords and Santa Fe, they're coming in tomorrow to dispatch all my belongings back to the UK so I too can also depart HK much sooner than planned.

I like to leave things in positive light despite all of the flaws with CX, especially for those who are reading thinking about joining, and remember folks this is all just one man's opinion. Do I think CX is a long term career airline? Absolutely not. BUT, I still stand by the point it is a fantastic stepping stone for those who are still early on in their careers, perhaps a bit of an adventure seeker and want to experience something different before settling down in their home countries for a long term career position. The training you'll receive is top tier (though will that last forever with the guys and gals approaching retirement or resigning?), despite the toxic company culture once that flightdeck door is shut, you can have some banter and meet some of the nicest people in the industry and you do get to see some pretty cool places. Also to any fellow Brits reading and thinking of making the jump, when I was at an LCC over a year ago most of my colleagues went over to BA and were assigned to the A320 at LHR or their low cost division in Gatwick for a minimum of 5 years which I'm aware put many people off (myself included), but having bagged a B777 rating at CX and long haul recruitment back in limited numbers, I was lucky enough to be offered the B777 out of LHR purely by virtue of having a B777 rating. So thank you ever so much CX for providing my with that type rating and the training/experience required, it's definitely one of the best flight schools I've attended over the years