PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar operating A320 Deathstar set themselves to go supernova in the medium term.
Old 28th Jan 2004, 18:20
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jetstar operating A320 Deathstar set themselves to go supernova in the medium term.

Obviously the wallies (including the infamous Da Wally) have learned not a solitary thing in the setup of Jetstar.

Travel Week this week touts that Agents will be able to book Jetstar for clients for a $10.00 loading per passenger flight sector over and above direct internet fares. While this fee for service attitude is something the Rat would love to introduce across the board as has been the case in the US and elsewhere, the marketing w@nkers still just do not get the Australian market.

Impulse self immolated on the assumption that they could go it alone direct to the public. Freedom Air is seldom mentioned as an alternative and are missing out on bucketloads of traffic, and DJ will be offering parallel fares with 7% commission. Now I guess they know where tens of thousands of travel professionals will be pointing their client's dollars.

How a bunch of ex TN clowns - and you know who you are - can consider they know how to run a budget airline confounds me.

These are the same lack lustre ex management trainees that drove TAA and then Australian into the basket that was handed to the Rat to rescue before it collapsed upon itself.

Ignore the Travel Industry, and seek to cut the rights, priveleges and remuneration of your people any further Ratstar, and do not plan on retiring on the funds of your QF shares.

It is well documented that no full service airline has ever succesfully operated a cut price subsidiary. I am sure it can be done, but one has to have the quality of people orchestrating the operation of the Airline to ensure that. You lose!!

The downside in a big way to this is that good and efficient Impulse crews' livelyhoods are being put at risk yet again.

Sorry state of affairs.

Best all

EWL