PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prince Andrew is a knob apparently..?
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2004, 18:09
Arkroyal
Just a numbered other

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't think so wessex, he was the pilot in HMS Edinburgh during Outback 88. From Campbeltown's website:
Welcome to the HMS Campbeltown website, we hope that you will find the information within these pages useful. The ship is the third of the Type 22 Batch 3 frigates and the second Royal Navy warship to bear the name. Campbeltown was built by Cammell Laird Shipbuilders Ltd in Birkenhead, and was launched on 7 October 1987; entering service on 27 May 1989.
During that trip I, as the second most junior joe to H at an air group dinner aboard EDI, sat next to him.

Neither he nor I were the bees knees at polite chit-chat, and I found his constant name droping (was Margeret the PM or his aunt?) a bit erksome, but he was pleasant enough company.

Oddest thing for a WAFU was that he didn't drink! Had to remain fairly sober meself too, to avoid gaffes. Really wanted to ask whose idea 'Beatrice' was for his then new-born daughter.

Ripped the handle off my pusser's grip handing it down to me in the ARK boat afterwards though! knob!