PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying while ATPL distance learning?
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2004, 18:06
PilotOnline

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi G SXTY,

Thought I'd reply as although I haven't finished my ATPLs yet I am in a similar boat to you in that I am out of the house for about 12hrs a day and have a wife, flat and mortgage to think about too!

I have decided to keep my hand in by flying a little each month when possible. It doesn't mess up my schedule too much and it stops me going mad as I can't keep away from aeroplanes for too long at a time!!! On weekends when I am flying my wife and I usually go together so that we get to see each other a bit and then on the other day I study. On non-flying weekends we do something together on the one day and again I study another which seems to be working fine for now.

I guess my case is a little bit different to some in that I am now working to a slightly longer time frame for the first set of exams as my employer will only let me go away to do my brush up and exams when it is convenient for them, i.e 3 months later than I wanted to do them. However, this has allowed me to build a little slack into the schedule.