PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 9th Mar 2024, 20:13
glenb

Received 83 Likes on 38 Posts
Thankyou. Sincerely Thankyou

Folks, Im sitting here at pancake parlor waiting for a mate to join me, so Im going to type away until he gets here.

Ill hit the post but button as he limps in, and it may be somewhat unedited.

Sincerely I feel your frustration. What started out as a simple filling by the dentist has turned into major maxillofacial surgery.

Slippery Pete. A well intentioned and much appreciated ally. To be honest it is very much about my wife, my kids, my parents, the staff. the businesses, the students, the customers, the Suppliers, others impacted, and those that will continue to be in the future. Altruistic. No. its much more than that. I have failed to convey the depth of the conviction. My wife and I have been through a lot, too much, and so totally unnecessary.

I did not expect that this could ever have happened.
I did expect that if it occurred, CASA would act in a well intentioned manner and promptly resolve it.
I expected that if they did not the CASA ICC would step up to the plate.
I did not expect that the ICC would be such a failed process.
I then expected that the Ombudsman would be the next step.
I did not expect that the deficiencies within the Ombudsman Office would be so gross.
I then expected my Local MP would engage with me.
I did not expect that the Minister would direct my MP not to engage or assist me.

Honestly, in my mind is as simple as an SOP. It's the procedure. It's the next item on a lengthy drawn-out checklist. Im just following it. If the first item doesn't achieve the result, you go the second, and through the somewhat lengthy checklist. At this stage that's it. There is a checklist for this situation. I'm following it. Im not jumping ahead because one of those items will result in a safe landing. I would be foolish to bypass one item or procedure knowing that there is no imperative to do so. I trust the checklist.

I don't know how else to express it. When we all walk away from it because the adherence to the recommended procedure was followed. When those passengers walk across the apron towards the apron and every one of them (family, staff, students, suppliers, friends) is oblivious and doesn't even know the pilots name, I would sleep easy.
If the outcome was less pleasant, because i decided to skip item 7 on the checklist for no good reason, it would be an uneasy night.

I am understanding how poorly I've communicated the importance of the process in my mind. I am beginning to think that I may have some undiagnosed issue with this, nevertheless it is the process.

I am somewhat blind in that determination, and in some weird way the failure opf each of those processes is eye opening while at the same time heart breaking, and it makes me only more determined to make sure that i thoroughly attend to that checklist.

When that lengthy checklist is exhausted, that the time for correlation, and drawing on that to apply lateral approaches such as media, politicians, whilst applying pressure from all sides.

In my mind, that's how it works. Still perhaps naively, I am running that checklist in order to the end.

Global Aviator, as with Slippery Pete, I appreciate the well-intentioned comments. No offence is ever taken. I appreciate you are the people that are pulling me aside at the BBQ for a quiet word.

A get a bigger lift from a well-intentioned not what i want to hear post rather than silence on here. So please understand that.

Regarding not engaging with CASA, i feel I need to clarify that.
I understand that CASA is not well intentioned and that there is absolutely no intent whatsoever to act with good intent. That checklist item is fully ticked off.

The allegations of stalking and assault require further CASA engagement in my mind.

The APTA issues do not. With the exception FOI requests and information gathering, by necessity I will need to make contact with CASA.

I am hoping to get another post out today that may further indicate the direction that this path is taking.

I believe that withy less CASA involvement this matter will now proceed more promptly. Please standby.

Cheers. Glen

Last edited by glenb; 9th Mar 2024 at 21:51.