PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eastern Airways-3
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2024, 13:28
ajamieson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flew Eastern yesterday LGW-NQY. It was okay, but despite booking directly with the airline and signing up for its website, there was no notification that the departure time was pushed back a couple of days ago from 1430 to 1510. (In fact, it still showed 1430 on the airport screens). Luckily, the time was not earlier or the flight might have been rather empty!

What difference does 40m make, you might ask? This being Cornwall, the only two car hire firms at NQY both close on the dot at 4pm, regardless of flight schedules. A £30 late-opening fee (levied on each customer) and a race across the full expanse of a remote, windswept car park ensued.

The flight was a further 40m late even on the later time. Anyone looking for an explanation of all this would be disappointed as there was not a single peep from the flight deck except "seats for take-off" and "10 minutes to landing". Cabin crew were pleasant and I had a cup of tea and a biscuit for my troubles, but unless the railway is closed again (as it was yesterday) then it's back to GWR for me.