PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southend-3
Thread: Southend-3
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2024, 07:27
Markushillman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pabely
I have said this before. Picking up crumbs in the Summer when Luton & Stansted have night time restrictions cannot be lived upon.
New facilities are needed to tempt new tenants but I don't see any likely commitment on that front. Just look what has been invested at Oxford, Biggin & Farnborough.
The 727s live in / outside a facility unfit for purpose, Air Livery could quite easily close and work go to Norwich.
The LCCs will screw you, don't see Easyjet currently looking at a new base, Ryanair will want to be paid to come back. Wizzair cannot keep the current operation going due to Airbus engine issues.
I would love to be proved wrong but this time next year, I see alot of the cash being burnt through without significant gain in passenger services. The passenger terminal being restricted hours is an inefficient cost burden along with fire cover.
The $B investment company will want a return - trouble is I don't see it currently.
Glad to be corrected.......
Do believe Air Livery are hoping one day to have a 5 hangar facility built on the North Side of Norwich Airport at the planned aeropark which will handle all their narrow body work and hence make Southend redundant.