PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATO vs Russia
Thread: NATO vs Russia
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2024, 18:53
DogTailRed2

Received 250 Likes on 130 Posts
Originally Posted by grizzled
Only for a portion. More and more drones (i.e. uncrewed mobile weapons systems) will be land based and sea based (both on the surface and submerged). This is one key aspect of the evolution of modern warfare that the war in Ukraine is giving us a glimpse of.
I see lots of potential for different types of drone and ai drone equipment in the near future. Smaller drones for surveillance. Autonomous mines and defence drones. We have already seen claymore style drones. For aircraft I see bigger wing man drones from large aircraft sized to smaller annoyance style drones. Imagine a fighter being able to deploy smaller jamming or harassing drones or indeed having ai driven actual wing men. Then there are submersible drones. Tunnelling drones. Sniper kamikaze drones. A drone that was small enough to target an individual person.
Then there is the role of countermeasures. Jamming, catching, preventing, targeting or even hacking and subverting drones. You could gain control of a drone and then follow it back to it's base and hit the base.
I can even see the need for space drones and a space corps. Yes we sneered at Trump but he was right. The next battleground will be in space.