PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow S92 down west of Bergen Norway
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2024, 08:46
snakepit

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by albatross
A very experienced pilot friend and a very smart guy (don’t tell him I said that!) looked at these posts and said “Humm aren’t you folks getting focused on the seaworthiness of the lifeboats on the Titanic and kind of ignoring the cause of the ship hitting the iceberg?” He has a way of saying things like that. He will not post on aviation sites and seldom, if ever, even looks at them, except when I occasionally drag him, kicking and screaming, over to my computer screen. He has a point.
I think what you’re seeing is not a lack of interest from aviators as to why it occurred, but (somewhat surprisingly for prune) a restraint in pointless guesswork as to the cause. I’d like to think in respect to the deceased and crew who are going through a very difficult time, but also because there’s insufficient information to make any assumptions and we will know soon anyway due to there being survivors.

There is however, a significant amount of information that can be discussed about the post accident events gleaned from open source information.