PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific leaders taken us to the bottom in a vertical dive!
Old 7th Mar 2024, 05:36
CessNah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pickuptruck
We lost it at the death of COS99/08, only option back then was 50% of your total allowance, which plenty did in the final days of Cathay Version 1. We now work for Cathay Version 2, so along with the 41% paycut that was mentioned as a hurrah in a recent crew update, we don't get a repatriation allowance. There is no longer an expat contract at CX, if there was a widebody Captain wouldn't be on half what Korean pay.
And don't look at where you'd be if you'd turned them down and had done 20+ years at your own legacy carrier instead.........
I thought that might be the case, but still wanted to check nonetheless, appreciate the help! 1 year at CX was more than enough for me, was probably the largest portion of humble pie I’d consumed in my life but I’ve accepted my mistake of ever going to CX in the first place and I’m on my way home to go work for the legacies. I wish everyone who’s still in HK the best and to thank you all for taking me under your wing during my short stint out there.