PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I'm an idiot
Thread: I'm an idiot
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2024, 01:09
Foxdeux

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm an idiot

When I was young I dreamed of becoming a pilot. I did my PPL in high school and applied for the CX Cadet Program straight out of high school, got rejected. Graduated from University and applied a second time to CX and got rejected. You could probably imagine the devastation by the second try, but I made a promise to myself that if I failed the second time I would just let go of my ambition to become a pilot. It's been 10 years since then and I have absolutely no regrets on the promise I made to myself. In hindsight I feel stupid for ever feeling devastated that I didn't make it into CX. China and the pandemic really did a number on CX and I feel like I dodged a bullet. I still think CX is a great airline... as a passenger and not an employee.

My point here is I know there will probably be many passionate wannabe pilots coming to this forum to find answers on how to pass the entrance exams or whatever you want to call it. But it's also important to keep an open mind about a career as a pilot, there are many better opportunities out there aside from being a CX pilot. I kept my passion in aviation as a hobby, and made my career in the corporate world.